Professional Development Hours
- Formal Courses: 1 college credit = 15 PD hours
- Workshops, seminars, institutes accrue
hour-for-hour PD credit (Note: To count for PD hours, all outside
workshops must have prior approval and must relate to a PIP goal.
Certificate of completion is also required.)
- Teaching Workshops: 2 hours of prep for every
one hour of presentation. (Note: Presentation and prep hours count only
for the first time a workshop is given in a 5-year cycle.)
- Committee Work - combined maximum of 10 PD hours each year
- Curriculum Work - Researching, writing, and
revising curriculum accrues hour-for-hour PD credit. A certificate will
be issued documenting agreed upon hours.
- Independent Studies e.g., action research,
study groups, internships, must be approved in advance by the supervisor
with a specified number of hours. Participants should keep a log of
their hours and provide documentation of outcomes.
- Official Mentors - 40 hours
- Support Teachers - 20 hours
- Cooperating Teachers - 20 hours