We believe our children learn best when :
- Their physical, social and emotional needs are met.
- The climate and culture of the school is engaging, supportive,
challenging, and inspires students to express their personal ideas.
- The curriculum is integrated, differentiated, meaningful and relates to real life.
We believe the role of parents is:
- To be the first teacher of accountability, educational, cultural diversity and character education.
- To be an active participant at home and in school and to
understand, accept and celebrate their child's accomplishments when thy
have achieved their personal best.
- To be an informed, supportive advocate for the school program (i.e., program, staff and budget).
We believe the role of the community is:
- To be an essential, informed and actively supportive partner of our schools.
- To lead by example while promoting good citizenship.
- To be responsible for creating a safe and nurturing environment.
We believe the role of the staff is:
- To encourage and model high standards and expectations for all.
- To continually develop and apply their professional knowledge and expertise.
- To share and promote the vision of the schools and community.
We believe excellence in education includes:
- Participatory, relevant learning that motivates students and promotes diversity.
- Learners that strive to achieve their personal best, reach their
full potential, think critically, seek to problem solve, and are
willing and encouraged to take risks.
- Students prepared for their world, committed to life -long learning, and that search for ways to contribute to their society.
Moving forward, we believe our children should be prepared to:
- Aspire to learn, everyday of their lives, and achieve their life goals and personal best.
- Use critical thinking skills, reasoning, perseverance and knowledge to positively impact their local and global communities.
- Inspire future generations by modeling respect, leadership, responsibility and integrity