The award-winning agricultural science program at Allentown High
School offers excellent opportunities for students to pursue vital and
exciting career paths in the growing and important field of
agriculture. The courses available through the program include plant
science, animal science, veterinary and equine studies, aquaculture,
greenhouse, nursery and landscape management, agricultural mechanics,
bio-technology and a cooperative agricultural experience with a
professional in the community.
Students in the agricultural science program also have the opportunities
to participate in the nationally recognized Allentown High School
chapter of Future Farmers of America (FFA). FFA is the only national
youth organization to be chartered and mandated by federal legislation
and is recognized by Congress as an integral part of agricultural
education. The FFA program provides the real world experience
associated with classroom theory and instruction. It makes a positive
difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for
career success through opportunities for leadership, public speaking and
- For non-resident applicants, if your student is currently registered with his/her resident district, download and complete the Notice of Intent to Participate Form.
Submit this form by December 1, 2016 to your home district or charter
school and obtain a signed receipt acknowledging that you submitted the
form. Keep the receipt for your records. By law, a resident district
must be informed if a student intends to participate in the choice
- Download and complete the General Choice Application or contact the Parent Information Center to have it mailed to you.
- Collect the following documents:
- An official school transcript documenting at least a "B" in science.
- Most recent NJ ASK 8 test scores
- A recommendation from a teacher or community member who knows you well
- A letter of interest explaining why you want to be a part of the Agricultural Science Program. See scoring rubric for letter of interest at this link.
- Return the General Choice Application to the address below no
later than December 1, 2016 for non-resident applicants and March 13, 2017 for resident applicants from UFRSD and Millstone.
AHS Choice Program Coordinator
Attention: Connie Embley, Principal
27 High Street
Allentown, NJ 08501
|PARENT INFORMATION CENTER
||Allentown High School Main Office
(609) 259-7292 ext. #1706
|Allentown High School Choice Coordinator
||Connie Embley, Principal
(609) 259-7292 ext. #1702
*All interested resident students who meet the admission requirements will be offered a place in this program.