Questions about transportation for students in the Upper Freehold
Regional School District may be directed to Ms. Jill Ottignon or Ms.
Cheryl Infante at the Millstone Transportation Department phone number
Subscription Bus Service for School Year 2017-2018
Read about the
service and print a copy of the application from these links. Applications and payment are due back to the District Office by July 7,
Listing of Neighborhoods eligible for Subscription Buses by school:
School Bus Stop Change Request form
Directions to CVC Schools for Athletic Events
School Bus Stop Safety Reminders
- All students are to use their assigned bus stops only. Do not
ask the bus driver to stop at places other than the designated stop.
Preschool and Kindergarten Students:
- All Preschool and Kindergarten students must be met at the bus
stop. If someone is not at the bus stop to meet the student, the child
will be returned to school. If your child is returned to school you will
be notified by telephone to come pick up your child.
- Stay back at least 10 feet from the road while waiting for the bus. Do not play games or run around at the bus stop.
- When you see the bus coming, form an orderly straight line - do
not rush to the roadway or push others to try to be first on the bus.
- If you must cross in front of the bus, look at the driver for directions and cross in front of crossing gate arm.
- Never walk behind the bus.
- Do not try to pick up something dropped near the bus - the bus driver may not see you. Ask the driver first.
- Have respect for others' property at the bus stop and on the bus.
- The beginning of a new school year is an adjustment for
everyone. It takes approximately 3 weeks at the beginning of a new
school year for everyone to establish a routine. In the first week of
school the teachers and students are learning their new buses/locations.
Therefore, please be patient as the bus pick-up and drop-off times may
vary until the adjustment is made. Should you have any concerns, feel
free to contact the transportation department after the first week of
- We strongly recommend that younger students be supervised at the bus stop (coming and going) by a parent or other adult.
- Do not crowd the bus stop with personal vehicles. This poses a danger by obstructing traffic and blocking drivers' views.
- Park all cars legally - 25 feet back from the intersection. Do not park in the wrong direction.
- Do not block the area where the bus makes its stop. Do not block
the driveways, walkways or mailboxes of the property owners near the
- Have the students respect the homeowner's property near the bus stop.
- Look carefully before allowing your child to exit your vehicle at the bus stop.
- Do not pull your vehicle directly behind a bus and release your child to run alongside the bus.
- Do not "chase" the bus from one stop to another. If your child misses the bus, please take your child directly to school.
- We strongly recommend that all students be at the assigned bus stop 5 minutes prior to the scheduled bus arrival.
- Students may only ride their assigned bus to and from school.
- Check your child's clothing to make sure it is safe - long,
dangling drawstrings and straps, long scarves, loose clothing and
oversized backpacks pose a safety hazard.